Photos are not required to list plants and collections. If you are adding plants, please don’t feel the need to include a photo if you don’t have one. We encourage you to use your own photos. Any other photos should only be used with permission or from a source that allows common use with the appropriate citations. Always read, understand and follow the citation requirements.
Websites and sources of photos with public domain or Creative Commons usage
- The NY Public Library Digital Commons
- Wikimedia Commons
- Flickr Creative Commons
- Google Advanced Image Search
Citations may be given in different places
- Captions: Each photo allows for a caption that can include a citation.
- Story Hyperlinks: You can add a citation hyperlink in the story of a plant or collection.
- Reference Links: Each plant profile has Reference Link fields to save website links with additional information such as links to botanical gardens, cooperative extensions, universities, brands, databases, catalogs, etc.