Welcome to an overview of how to start an organization profile on Plants Map. We are a website community that hosts plant collections to connect people based on their botanical interests. Individual and organization basic profiles are free. Visitors also have free access to explore and discover plants, collections, places, and other community profiles on Plants Map. Begin a My Plants Map digital plant library with up to 24 plants and 4 collections. Premium tiers with enhanced services can be found on our pricing page.
[Watch our video of this article: How to Add an Organization]
Step 1 – Sign In
“Sign In” and create your individual profile first. The email address you use will receive notifications from Plants Map pertaining to both your individual profile and the organization profile(s) you create. TIP: Use a personal or admin display name for your individual profile and not the name of your organization. This will make switching between profiles later less confusing.
Step 2 – Add Organization
During the initial sign-up process you will be asked if you want to Add an Organization. You can also choose to do this later from the top profile menu by choosing Add Organization.
TIP: When entering a title for your organization profile page this will also create a permanent URL link for your profile to share with others. Choose the best title for your organization page before you save the profile as this will ‘set’ your permanent URL link.
Once you are finished save your organization profile and it will now show in the profile drop-down menu.
Your individual profile is now the ‘owner’ of the organization profile. Each time you Sign In you are first acting as your individual ‘My Profile’.
Switch between acting as your individual profile (My Profile) and the organization profile from the profile menu at the top right.
Acting as your organization profile, you can now:
- Edit your profile page, manage your settings, and upgrade your subscription tier.
- Begin a plant library using the My Plants Map tools.
- Order plant tags from you plant library using the My Tags tool.
- Invite connections to your network and manage admins
- Connect with other organizations.
- Engage with others on Plants Map with likes and follows.
- Post news to our home page and your profile page.
- Add events to our Explore > events page and your profile page.
- Become a Resource to be listed in our Resource section as a service provider, business, brand, plant vendor, professional or membership organization, etc.
- List Buy It plants within our plants to buy plant finder results.
We look forward to watching your organization grow on Plants Map.
Watch Video: How to Add An Organization to Plants Map