Plants Map Core Plant profiles launched in August 2018. Based on user feedback, we added this feature to provide plants with basic general information that you can quickly add to your My Plants Map library as ‘starter’ plants to begin a plant list.
Once you add a core plant to your My Plants Map library they are transformed into your plant pages with additional owner fields and the ability to add your own unique stores, photos, notes and map location.
What is provided for you will be the fields with basic plant details, growing preferences and attributes.
We will continue to add more core plants overtime as we see plants being added by the community. In general, if a plant has been added more than three times by different users, this will be an indicator to us to add that plant to the core plant list. We will verify the plant details and create a generalized core plant.
Steps to add a Core Plant to your My Plants Map library
1) You must be signed-in and have a profile to use this feature. Note: Organization profiles need to use the profile menu to switch to acting as the organization profile to add plants to the appropriate My Plants Map library.
2) Use the Plant Finder tool to search for a plant by name. We recommend using botanical name.You will see a result of plants based on your search terms. If a Core Plant is available it will be at the top of the results. Not all plants have core plants yet as we are in the process of building the core plant library.
3) Select the core plant and then choose Add to My Plants Map. Note the profile hint ‘Grow this plant in My Plants Map at [profile name]. Note: Organization profiles need to use the profile menu to switch to acting as the organization profile to add plants to the appropriate My Plants Map library.
4) A title is the only required field. To proceed, enter a title and choose NEXT. You can edit the title later if you decide to change it.
5) You will now see a starter story and the full plant page with tabs and fields that have auto-filled. You can save or edit the plant with your own photos, map location, and write your own story, etc. Learn more about Adding Plants.
After you SAVE and choose DONE your new plant will now be seen at the top of your My Plants Map library page.
- Plant Finder
- My Plants Map
- My Tags Ordering Process
- Copyright Notice – Plants Map respects the intellectual property rights of others. We prohibit users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any information or materials that violate another party’s intellectual property rights. See full Copyright Notice.