Plantsmap.com is a community website that hosts botanical collections for individuals and organizations.
The free My Plants Map tools solve the challenges of documenting, organizing, mapping, tagging and sharing information about plants.
My Plants Map will quickly become your favorite tool to digitally organize all of your plant information in one place at your fingertips.
- My Plants Map helps you organize your plants, with your photos, your growing information, and your notes all in one place.
- My Plants Map is a digital plant journal that is accessible from your computer, tablet or smartphone. No need for an app.
- My Plants Map allows you to easily map your plants and collections. Your map of your plants can be public or private and seen by only you.
- My Tags is our innovative system to order custom interactive tags and signs for your landscape from your My Plants Map digital plant journal.
The easy to learn My Plants Map tools have wide appeal among a diversity of users from weekend gardeners to avid plant collectors, those that manage public landscapes, professionals, community groups, and more. If you are looking to start a profile for a public landscape, club, business or other group learn how to add an organization profile with our Sign Up Tips.
My Plants Map Features
After you create a sign in (My Profile), the top navigation link to My Plants Map is where your personalized section to create your own digital plant journal begins. See our Sign Up Tips if you are looking to add an organization profile. [Watch our video on how to use My Plants Map]
My Plants: Build a custom, digital plant journal by adding plants.
- My plants story begins: The only required field is the title. You can use this for the common name, botanical name, or a descriptive phrase.
- A picture is worth a thousand words: Save a photo gallery to each of your plant profiles under the Photo Tab.
- It’s all in the details: The tabs for Plant Details and Growing Details contains fields to save botanical name, common name, reference links, average size, preferred growing conditions, native range and more.
- Note to self: Use the Notes tab to create private or public notes for each plant. Notes can be your watering or fertilizing scheduling, pruning reminders, pest or disease records, pollinator visitors, even recipes for your edibles.
- Question & answer time: Use the Comment tab to help you gather information form others about your plant. The Comment tab allows a discussion from other Plants Map profiles such as a message, a comment, a question or an answer. You have the ability to approve or delete any comments.
- Customized Plant Tabs (premium feature): Choose from our Custom Plant Tab library to ad tabs with customized plant details.
My Collections: Create collections to organize plants into groups such as shade plants, roses, or by landscape location. The possibilities are endless. Here’s a few examples
- Plan a Vegetable Garden
- Grassy Stuff by Annkat
- Create a Plant Wish List
- Pollinator Plants by Bill Blevins
- Create a Plant Solution List
- Tree Trail by Grelen Nursery
- Gardens Visited
My Tags: Easily order your own custom, interactive signs and tags straight from your My Plants Map plant library.
List Views: View all of your plants or plants within a collections in a sortable photo grid or in a list view.
Spreadsheet Export: Your plants and information are always yours. Anytime you want a spreadsheet export of your data just use the export tool feature.
Sharing Tools: Share your plant information and collections with others via e-mail, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and more.
My Plants Map Organization Features
If you are looking to start a profile for a public landscape, club, business or other group learn how to add an Organization Profile with our Sign Up Tips.
In addition to the My Plants, My Collections and My Tags tools, organization profiles also have these additional features:
- Switch between acting as your indiviual ‘My Profile’ or an organization profile with one sign in. Learn more: How to Add Plants to My Profile or an Organization Profile.
- Events: Create event pages that make a calendar of events on your profile. Event pages can be shared to other social networks, via your e-newsletters, and on your website.
- Network Connections: Profiles can connect with your organization profile to show a network of members, chapters, clients, team members, volunteers.
- Network Admins: Individual profiles can become admins to help with adding plants, collections, events, and placing tag orders.
Organization Premium Features:
- Become a Resource: Organization profiles can become listed with our Resource section of businesses, brands, and service providers.
- Products Section: Resource profiles can add a product section with direct links back to your website or e-commerce tool.
- Buy It Plants: Resource profiles can add a ‘Buy It’ tab to a plant profile with purchasing information and a link to your website, e-commerce or directions to your store for in-store purchases only.