We are excited to announce that Plantsmap.com has joined the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge as a network partner. It is our goal to help add more pollinator friendly habits to the MPGC map via our community profiles that have pollinator landscapes and plant collections.
What is the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge (MPGC)? The Million Pollinator Garden Challenge is a nationwide call to action to preserve and create gardens and landscapes that help revive the health of bees, butterflies, birds, bats, and other pollinators across America. To learn more visit millionpollinatorgardens.org.
How to ‘Bee Counted’ as a Plants Map affiliation:
- Visit the MPGC map at http://pollinator.org/mpgcmap/
- Register Here: http://www.pollinator.org/mpgcmap/register
- Choose Plants Map as your affiliation: In the form you will see the option to select your affiliation. This is where you choose Plants Map from the dropdown list.
- Remember to use your Plantsmap.com unique profile URL in the website field too.
More ways to show your support for the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge:
- Include the MPGC link, millionpollinatorgardens.org within your plant collection or profile page and on your website.
- Once you have registered, add the logo below to your website and your Plantsmap.com pollinator collection photo gallery.
- Celebrate Pollinator Week 2017, June 19-25.
Ways to help support pollinators
- Learn how volunteers turned a public library landscape into an educational pollinator garden.
- See how to make a Pollinator Hotel by Booker T. Washington Park Bog Garden on Plants Map
- Grow pollinator friendly plants! Here is a sample of some Plants Map pollinator collections:
- Bird and Butterfly Garden by Daniel Boone Native Gardens
- Pollinators’ Garden by St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes Lower School
- Bee Forage by Annkat
- Pollination Station by Guernsey Memorial Library
- Blue Star Memorial Pollinator Garden by Shoreline Garden Club
- Butterfly Garden by The Freckled Rose
- Pollinator Plants by Bill Blevins