Plantsmap.com is a free community website to connect with others based on your growing interests and tools to create your own digital plant library.
After you sign up, you will have access to
- Follow other profiles to customize your home page experience
- Connect with organizations
- Post news and updates
- My Plants Map Tools :
- My Plants: Add your own unique plant profile pages
- My Collections: Organize your plant profiles into collections & subcollections
- Mapping Tools: Map your plants and collections. The location information can be private (not seen) or public.
- My Tags: Order custom interactive plant tags and signs from your plant library
Sign Up to create your individual My Profile.
Enter an e-mail address and a password. You will then edit your individual profile (My Profile) with a display name to represent your personal identity on Plants Map.
NOTE: To start an organization profile, you must first create an individual My Profile identity. Set a personal display name for your individual My Profile sign in. Do not use the name of the organization as your My Profile display name. For more information see: Adding An Organization | How to Add Plants to My Profile or an Organization.
Edit your individual My Profile
Begin by editing your individual My Profile identity first.
- Enter you first name and last name. This information is not displayed. You will be known by your display name.
- Add a cover photo of you or something to represent you.
- Add some descriptive information about yourself or your role with an organization.
- Adding your address information is optional. Providing this will place you on our community map. You can choose to just enter Country, State, or City.
- Select your time zone so that activity on the site is relevant to your time.
- Enter your other social accounts or a website.
You can edit your profile later by returning to your My Profile page, using the profile menu, and choosing the EDIT button below your about section.
For more steps to get started, see: My Profile Growth
Explore Plants, Collections, and the Community
- ‘Like’ Plants and Collections from our community.
- ‘Follow’ other profiles to modify your Home page experience to show content that interests you.
- ‘Connect’ with Organizations on Plants Map to join their Network. You may want to connect if you are a member, volunteer, employee, customer or in some way affiliated with that organization. Both Individual and Organization profiles can ‘Connect’ with an Organization’s network. The Owner of the profile approves the connections based on their criteria.
- Post news and announcements to your Home page News section. Your posts will also be seen on the Explore News section and your profile page.
Add Plants & Collections
- Create your My Plants Map library by adding plants.
- Your plant library can be plants grown by you or plants you experience while visiting other landscapes or places. Your library can also be a reference library of plants.
- Enter location or GPS information to map your plants. Set your plant’s map location to private or public. Public posts your plant or collection to our community map.
- Collections are a way to create ‘folders’ for your plants based on how you want to organize them.
- Collections can also have subcollections to further organize or divide your plants.
- Also see our related article on how to import plants with a spreadsheet.
Share that you are on Plants Map via your website, social accounts and other marketing.
- Download our Plants Map logo, badge or social icon with a link to your profile for your website, e-newsletter, email signature.
- Download our ‘Find Me on PlantsMap.com’ or ‘Find us on PlantsMap.com’ badges for signs or other marketing materials.
Add An Organization
- When you add an Organization such as a business, brand, nonprofit, etc. you are assigned the role of ‘owner’ for that Organization’s page on Plants Map.
- Email and invite your friends, members, volunteers, customers, employees, etc to join you on Plants Map and Connect with your Organization’s Network.
- Post news and announcements on your Home page.Your post will also be seen on the top of our Explore page and your profile page.
- Add An Event – How to create event pages on Plantsmap.com
- Become a Resource – Join our Resource Marketplace