Welcome to an overview of how your organization can get started on Plants Map. We are a social community that hosts plant collections to connect people based on their botanical interests. Individual and organization profiles are free. Visitors also have free access to explore and discover plants, collections, places, and the community profiles on Plants Map.
How to get started on Plants Map
[Watch our video of this article: How to Add an Organization]
“Sign In” and create your individual profile first. The email address you use will receive notifications from Plants Map pertaining to both your individual profile and the organization profile(s) you create. TIP: We suggest that you use a personal display name for this profile. This individual profile will next create the Organization profile(s) and become the ‘Owner.’
“Add an Organization” from the top drop-down menu. Once you are finished save your Organization profile and it will now show in this drop-down menu. You can now switch between acting as your individual profile (My Profile) and the Organization profile that you will now see added to the bottom of this menu.
Your Individual profile is now the ‘owner’ of the Organization profile.
Each time you Sign In you are acting as your Individual profile.
Step 3: Switch to acting as your Organization profile from the drop-down menu.
Acting as your Organization profile, you can now:
- Edit your Organization profile.
- Invite admins to connect with your Network.
- Add a plant library.
- Organize your plants into collections and subcollections.
- Post news to our Home Page and your profile.
- Add Events to our Explore/Events page and you profile page.
- Follow other users on Plants Map.
- ‘Like’ plants of other users.
- Invite others to connect with your organization’s network of customers, volunteers, staff, members, or supporters.
- Connect with other Organizations.
- Consider being listed as a Resource if you are a service provider, business, professional, brand, or wish to promote products or become a sponsoring advertiser.
The ‘Owner’ of an organization can assign other Plants Map users as administrators for the organization profile. If you wish to have other people help you with your organization page, have them follow these steps:
- Sign In to create their own individual profile first.
- Next visit the Organization’s page and click the “Connect” button on the top above the organization’s profile photo.
The ‘Owner’ will get a ‘Connection’ email notification.
- On Plants Map the Owner acting as the Organization, clicks on the ‘Manage Network’ button on the organization page to see a list of Connections and requests.
- Accept and assign the user as an ‘Admin’ role.
For more information see Organization Network Roles.
We look forward to watching your organization grow on Plants Map.
Watch Video: How to Add An Organization to Plants Map